One of the best predictors of success in an online course is having success during the first 2 weeks of enrollment.
All eSchool students complete and are expected to be successful in an online orientation mini-course before being enrolled into their requested course. Our online orientation is designed to help students be successful from day one in their eSchool courses.
- Learn about internet safety
- Create course start and end date goals
- Become fluent in the eSchool web-based software systems (for example, learn how to submit assignments)
- Ensure technology requirements are met for personal machines
- Time, task & document management training (including Google Docs and Chromebook tips)
- Review student contract
- Learn where to take final exams
Students report it may take 2-3 hours to complete the activities in this mini-course.
NOTE: Returning successful eSchool students only need to complete the last module of the online orientation as a refresher.
Once again, one of the best predictors of success in an online course is having success during the first 2 weeks of the course. Appleton eSchool’s online orientation mini-course helps build skills and fluency to equip students to be successful in their eSchool courses from day one.