With the recent media coverage, we want to remind our families to reinforce internet safety at home. We encourage you to consistently and routinely monitor where your students go online and what they see.
Appleton Area School District Families,
There’s been a lot of coverage in the media recently concerning viral hoaxes that circulate online. While there has been little evidence of the validity of these hoaxes, they can cause concern for families.
As an aspect of digital citizenship, we teach our students how to be safe online. At all of our schools, teachers have tools to monitor student online activity on both Chromebooks and desktops.
Here are some good resources to help you get started:
- Internet Safety Resources for Parents:
- Digital Safety Resources:
- https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us/families (Available in Spanish)
- Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Parental Controls:
- https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/parents-ultimate-guide-to-parental-controls (Available in Spanish)
- Privacy and Internet Safety Parenting Tips:
- Online Safety Guides for Parents: